I’m always looking for ways to sneak vegetables into meals, and making this Cauliflower Broccoli Quinoa burger is a fantastic way to accomplish that. It totally transforms these veggies into these wonderful, flavorful, juicy burgers – or Tikkis (Indian street food) – that one can have as a snack with ketchup or chutney. It’s a great combination of taste and nutrition, and is a good source of fiber, protein, potassium and vitamin C.
They can also be made into Kebabs (for the same quantity of ingredients you can make either 10 burgers/tikkis or 30 kebabs), so you just need to shape them accordingly. And if you are generally pressed for time, they freeze really well so you can make them in bulk! Not only are these burgers great for lunch/dinner, they work out really well as party appetizers. You can’t go wrong either way 🙂
Broccoli florets– ½ lb.
Cauliflower florets – ¾ lb.
Boiled Potatoes – 2 small/medium or 1 large
Onion – ½ medium finely diced
Garlic – 3 or 4 finely minced
Cilantro – handful finely chopped
Cooked organic Quinoa – 1 cup
Organic Rolled Oats – 1 cup
Organic Oat flour – ¼ cup
Salt – 2 t
Black pepper – 1 t
Red chili powder – 1 t
Coriander powder – 1 ½ t
· Pre heat the oven to 450 F.
· Take the broccoli florets in a bowl, add a tablespoon of water and microwave for 3 minutes.
· Then drain them and pat dry with paper towels.
· After that put them in the food processor and pulse till they become granular but not mushy.
· Do the same with cauliflower florets.
· In a big bowl put all the above ingredients. Mix well with hands till mixture retains shape and stays together when pressed in hand and does not crumble. Make patties of the mixture.
· Well oil a pan. Put the patties in it and lightly brush them with oil on top.
· Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then take them out and flip them. They should be slightly brown on bottom.
· Then put them back in the oven for 15 min. In case after 15 minutes you would like them to be extra crisper then leave them in oven for an extra 5 minutes.
· They are ready to be eaten! Have them as a Veggie Protein Burger or as a snack (tikki/kebabs) with some ketchup/chutney 🙂
Total Servings: 10
Per Serving: Calories 100 cal, Fat 1.1g, Potassium 330 mg, Carbs 19.6g, Fiber 3.2g, Protein 4.1g, Vit C 60%, Iron 10%,