Organic Egg whites – 6
Organic egg yolk — 1/2
Organic 1% Milk – ¼ cup
Onion – ¼ of a medium onion
Green bell pepper – ¼ of a bell pepper
Red Bell Pepper – ¼ of a bell pepper
Mushrooms – 1
Cilantro – 4 or 5 stems
Grated cheddar cheese – 2T
Salt – 3/4 t
Pepper – ¼ t
Grape seed oil/Extra virgin olive oil – 3t
· Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
· Finely dice the onion, bell peppers and mushrooms.
· Warm the cast iron skillet. Add 2t grape seed oil/olive oil.
· Then add the diced vegetables and sauté for 3-4 minutes till the onions are translucent and the veggies are soft but not brown.
· Whisk the egg whites with the milk. Add salt and pepper. Whisk again.
· Take a muffin pan and grease it with the ½ t oil.
· Add 1-1 ½ T of sautéed veggies to each muffin pan.
· Then add 1 ladle full of egg mixture to each muffin cup.
· Sprinkle a little bit of cheddar cheese and finely chopped cilantro if you want on top.
· Put the tray in the oven for 35 minutes till fully cooked. The top should look dry and you should also check by inserting a toothpick in center and if it comes out dry then its set.
· Just run a knife around and take them out. If you want the frittata crispy from all sides, take them out from the muffin pans, turn them upside down and put them back in oven for 5 minutes on a tray.
· Enjoy it warm or at room temperature with or without bread.
Total Servings: 6
Per Serving: Calories 52 cal, Fat 2.9 g, Cholesterol 15.2 mg, Carbs 1.8 g, Protein 4.3 g, Vit C 9.4%