Sometimes during the day, you just need a small quick pick-me-up. These 5-ingredient, no-bake, tiny energy bites fill that spot perfectly. They can be eaten pre or post workout, work really well on hikes or picnics as energy bites, or as even as a dessert. There is no added sugar, no added fat or anything artificial! My kids and husband love to take them to school/the office as often as they can, and I love that there aren’t any preservatives. The bottom line is that they are easy to make, healthy, delicious and perfect for almost any occasion 🙂
Pitted Dates – 1 cup tightly packed
Desiccated/Powdered unsweetened coconut – 1/8 cup
Ground Flax – 2 T
Chia seeds – 1/8 cup
Unsalted Pistachios – ¼ cup (shelled)
Desiccated/Powdered unsweetened coconut – 2 T for coating
- Make sure you choose some nice plump, soft pitted dates.
- Add the pistachios; coconut and flax to the food processor first, give a few pulses.
- Add the dates then. Pulse till it becomes a fine crumbly mixture.
- Add chia seeds at end and pulse for once or twice to incorporate it well into the mixture.
- Scrape out the mixture into a bowl.
- Wet your hands with water and knead it with your hands till sticky. To the point that if you make a clump of it with your fist it won’t crumble.
- Make small approx. 1” balls and keep on a tray/plate. OR you can make 2 logs of the entire mixture.
- Put the 2 T powdered coconut that is left in a shallow bowl. Roll these balls/logs in that powdered coconut.
- Keep them in fridge for ½ hour to set. If you made logs, then after they have chilled in the fridge, you can cut slices.
- The 5 ingredient, no bake energy bites are ready to eat! Enjoy!
Total Servings: 12
Per Serving: Calories 79 cal, Fat 3.1 g, Carbs 13.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Sugar 7.2 g, Protein 1.8 g
This recipe has been submitted in the Treat Petite challenge.