It’s almost 4th of July, and that means the season for some BBQ, and burgers! We try all sorts of different condiments and rubs for them but the side dishes get neglected. We will have the usual fries and coleslaw etc. These fries have a unique flavor to them primarily due to the Cajun seasoning. If you don’t have this seasoning at home, I would seriously suggest you to buy a small bottle to try it out. Just a tad bit is very flavorful! In this recipe I have baked the fries in the oven, but they turn out equally well when grilled.
Organic Russet (or any other type) potatoes – 3 large ones
Extra virgin olive oil – 1 T
Salt – 1 t
Cajun seasoning – 1 t
- Turn the oven on at 4500F.
- Then carefully wash the potatoes and cut into fries of desired thickness (but not too thin) with the skin on.
- In a bowl add the potatoes, olive oil, salt, Cajun seasoning and mix well.
- Lay them out on the cookie tray, and put the tray in oven.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or till edges are slightly brown. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 8
Per serving: Calories 124 cal, Fat 1.9 gm, Carbs 24 gm, Protein 2.9 gm, Vitamin A 24%, Iron 6.7%