The weather has finally begun to warm up, and no one can appreciate this more than a native New Englander! I can’t get enough of the picnics, barbecues, and beach days. Summer food can seem pretty standard: grilled veggies, hamburgers, hot dogs, and lemonade is the norm. But for the times when you don’t want to cook or grill, and you just want something light and refreshing, this ranch veggie wrap is a perfect option! It’s quick, easy, and a good choice if you want a vegetarian option amidst all the barbecued foods. Give it a shot!
Carrots — 1 ½ cups grated
Cabbage (red or green) — 1 ½ cups grated
Tomato — ½ tomato diced
Cucumber — ½ cucumber grated
Red bell pepper/Green bell pepper — 1/3 cup diced
Handful of cilantro — chopped
1 can black beans – rinsed and drained really well (you can substitute Feta cheese chunks instead of the beans for protein)
½ t salt
½ t black pepper
4 T Ranch dressing
1 clove garlic microplaned/grated
Whole wheat tortilla
- Mix all the vegetables and beans in a big bowl.
- Add the Ranch dressing, and seasonings.
- Mix well and taste test.
- Warm a Whole wheat tortilla or pita (your choice) on a griddle. Just warm it, don’t make it crispy.
- Spread the veggie mix on the tortilla and roll it up.
- My one suggestion for the wrap is that in case you are not going to eat it right away, then pack the tortilla/pita and the veggie mix separately. The veggie mix should be kept chilled. That way the wrap will not become soggy!
- Enjoy with some chips!
Nutritional Content: Please not that the nutritional content given below is only of the veggie mix and not the tortilla. So please add the nutritional values for whichever tortilla or pita bread you might choose.
Per Serving: 124 cal, Fat 5.1 gm, Carbs 16.6 gm, Fiber 6 gm, Vit A 97.4%, Vit C 26.4%, Iron 7.4%