Nothing says home like the aroma of freshly-baked, chunky oatmeal pecan raisin cookies. The cinnamon flavor perfectly balances the sweetness of the plump raisins, the softness is punctuated by the occasional crunch of pecans, and the cookie is perfected by a crisp outside with a delectable chewy middle. Whether you’ve had a hard day and need a minute to yourself, you need a mini-dessert after lunch, or just something to go with a cold glass of milk, these cookies are the answer!
If you like your cookies extra crunchy, be sure that when you scoop them out on the baking sheet, they are pressed properly and flattened out. But if you are like me, and you enjoy the chewy insides, just gently pat the scoop down. These cookies use Oat flour. But if you can’t find or have run out of oat flour, don’t worry. I usually don’t buy oat flour, I just add some quick oats in a food processor or my NutriBullet and within seconds oat flour is ready. It’s easy and economical.
The version I have made today is the eggless version. So I have substituted 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce for 1 large egg since I have some family and friends with egg allergies. These cookies will be sure to satisfy your sweet-tooth without overloading you with sugar! And as a bonus, by the time you are done cleaning up the kitchen, the cookies will be ready 🙂
Adapted from Ina Garten’s recipe.
Dark brown sugar – ¾ cup
Grape-seed oil – ½ cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Unsweetened Applesauce – 1/3 cup
Organic Oat Flour – ¾ cups
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Ground cinnamon – ½ tsp
Kosher Salt – ½ tsp
Organic Quick Oats — 1 ½ cups
Pecans – ½ cups
Organic Black Raisins – ¾ cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- If you are adding pecans to your cookies, toast them on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes then chop them up. Otherwise you can skip this step.
- In a bowl mix the oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Keep aside.
- In another bowl mix the quick oats, pecans and raisins. Keep aside.
- In the electric mixer add brown sugar, oil and vanilla and beat with paddle attachment till everything is well mixed and smooth.
- Then add the applesauce since this is an eggless version. If you have no issues with eggs then you would add the egg at this time. Beat again till mixture is slightly lighter.
- Add the flour mix and mix it again.
- At the end add oats with raisins and pecans and just mix it in. Don’t over beat.
- Take a cookie sheet, (you can even line with parchment paper to avoid any sticking) and using a cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons scoop out the mixture.
- Using slightly wet hands flatten the scoops slightly to keep cookies crisp from out and chewy from inside. If you like your cookies thinner and crisper from outside and inside; flatten them a bit more.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes till edges are slightly brown.
- Take out and keep on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool completely for 4-5 hours before storing in air tight container. Enjoy!
Nutritional Content for eggless cookies with pecans:
Total Servings: 24
Per Serving: 113 cal, Fat 6.7 g, Sat Fat 0.7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbs 13.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 9.2 g, Protein 1 g