I have a family of sweet-tooths, so it’s not surprising that their favorite part of Thanksgiving isn’t the turkey, but rather the desserts that follow! As a family of foodies, we love this time of year, but I don’t love the idea of being stuck in the kitchen the whole time. And as much as I love indulging myself, I hate the inevitable sluggishness that follows a heavy meal! So this year, I decided to take one of our favorite desserts – pumpkin pie – and create a new recipe that still tasted like the original but took only 10 minutes to make, with barely any sugar, no eggs, no cream cheese and no butter! Be sure to try it out and use the extra time you save to spend with your family 🙂
Pumpkin puree (with no added sugar or spices) – 1 cup
Plain Non Fat Chobani Greek yogurt – ¼ cup
Graham Crackers – 2 ½ cracker sheets (you can use ginger snaps also)
Dark brown sugar – 3 ½ Tbs
Heavy cream OR half & half – ¼ cup
Pumpkin pie spice (OR equal parts cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder & clove powder) – ½ tsp
No flavored Gelatin – ½ packet (3.5 gms)
Water – 2 Tbs boiling
Whipped cream – For garnishing (optional)
- Put the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- You can use them as it is or toast the crushed crackers in an oven for 5 minutes if you like the toasted crunchy effect. Then cool them.
- Take a bowl and put the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, Greek yogurt. Sugar and pumpkin pie spice in that and mix with a whisk.
- In a separate small bowl add gelatin and add about 2T boiling water. Whisk right away so it dissolves immediately.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the pumpkin mix. Mix well.
- Now to make the layers, take the serving cups and add 1 t crushed graham crackers to the bottom of the cups.
- Then add 1 T of the pumpkin mix, then another 1 t of the crackers. After that another 1 T of the pumpkin mix.
- Keep in the refrigerator to set for an hour or two. Garnish with whipped cream when ready to eat. Sprinkle some pumpkin pie powder to finish off!
Total Servings: 9
Per Serving: 56 cal, Fat 1.5 g, Saturated fat 0.7 g, Carbs 9.6 g, Sugar 5.7 g, Vitamin A 63%
Pingback: Chocolate Walnut Mousse Pies | Healthy Eats For All